The Mbira is a traditional African instrument that has been played for over a thousand years. The mbira is classified as part of the lamellaphone family, it is found all over africa but it is closely associated with the Shona people of Zimbabwe. This bowtie is inspired by the Mbira. Our bowties are hand made with goose, peacock and pheasant feathers resulting in a very unique visual statement.
- Wrap around adjustable hook, fits sizes 11" to 20”.
- Bow dimensions are 2.5” tall by 4.5” wide.
- Feathers are all-natural and responsibly sourced.
- No dyes are used, giving each bow tie a unique coloring.
Free Shipping within the continental USA
- Always handle at the center of the bow tie (midpoint) using thumb and index fingers
- Always keep in storage box when not wearing! Do not throw it on the ground or handle it roughly.
- If the feathers are ruffled, spritz the feathers with an alcohol based hairspray 8" from the bow tie and lay feathers down with one finger outward.